Credit by exam
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP)
You may apply up to 45 hours of non-traditional (AP一道本不卡免费高清) credit may be applied toward your degree. Duplicate credit will not be awarded. Credits earned will not be included on the official Gulf Coast State College transcript until you have maintained enrollment in a credit course past the published drop/add period.
According to the Florida Articulation Coordinating Committee, Advanced Placement exams are taken after students complete the corresponding Advanced Placement course in high school. Advanced Placement courses are challenging, college-level courses that are designed to parallel typical lower-level undergraduate courses. Exams are developed by committees of college and secondary faculty and are given to test groups of students in actual college courses to determine appropriate passing scores. More information about Advanced Placement, including descriptions of courses and sample examination questions, is available at .
You may apply up to 45 hours of non-traditional (AICE一道本不卡免费高清) credit toward a degree. Duplicate credit will not be awarded. Credits earned will not be included on your official Gulf Coast State College transcript until you have maintained enrollment in a credit course past the published drop/add period.
The AICE program is an international, advanced secondary curriculum and assessment program equivalent to the British system of "A-levels". Information about the program, including course syllabi, can be found at .
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB)
You may apply up to 45 hours of non-traditional (IB) credit may be applied toward your degree. Duplicate credit will not be awarded. Credits earned will not be included on your official Gulf Coast State College transcript until you have maintained enrollment in a credit course past the published drop/add period.
According to the Florida Articulation Coordinating Council, the International Baccalaureate program is a challenging curriculum offered to high school students around the world. It is designed to prepare you for advanced work in many countries' postsecondary systems. Because it is international, the curriculum is not always as closely aligned with courses in American colleges and universities as Advanced Placement courses, and student and teachers often choose topics within a fairly wide range.
一道本不卡免费高清In 2008, the Florida State Board of Education Rule 6A-10.024 and the Board of Governors established that the credit granting recommendations below award equal course credit for diploma and non-diploma holders for passing exam scores. Find out more information about the .
- What are CLEP exams, and who may take them?
- The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams help you receive college credit based on what you already know. CLEP exams are available to anyone. Find more detailed information about the .
- For which CLEP exams subject areas does Gulf Coast State College allow credit, and what are their course equivalencies?
- CLEP exam subject areas for which Gulf Coast State College allows credit and their course equivalencies.
- I am active-duty military or DOD eligible. May I take the CLEP exam at the Tyndall Air Force Base Education Center?
- Yes, you can sign up for CLEP testing at the Tyndall Campus.
- What is the cost for each CLEP exam and how long will it take to complete my CLEP exam?
- The total cost for each CLEP exam is $102. The exam fee of $87 is paid directly to CLEP, and the administration fee of $15 must be paid in the Gulf Coast State College business office or bookstore either before or the day of your scheduled exam. Saturday testing fee's must be paid Monday-Friday during normal business.
- Most CLEP exams last 90 minutes.
- How do I register for a CLEP exam and how do I schedule a CLEP exam appointment at the Gulf Coast State College testing center?
- Register for a CLEP exam at the .
- Request an appointment to take a CLEP exam at the Gulf Coast State College Testing Center.
- What must I bring to my CLEP testing appointment?
- You must bring all of the following to your CLEP testing appointment: a current government-issued photo ID (passport, driver's license, state ID, military ID) with your signature, your registration ticket, and your Gulf Coast State College receipt for the $15 test administration fee.
- What do I do when I arrive for my CLEP testing appointment?
You must arrive at the GCSC Testing Center at least 15 minutes before your testing appointment. Sign in on the computer in the 3rd floor stairwell of the Student Union West Building, then proceed to the seating area closest to room 311 and wait for your name to be called. Note: No one will be admitted after a testing session has begun.
- When will I receive my CLEP scores?
You will receive your CLEP scores immediately after you have completed your CLEP exam, except for the College Composition exam. It may take 2-3 weeks to receive your College Composition exam scores.
- Who may I contact for further information about taking CLEP exams at the Gulf Coast State College testing center?
For further information about taking CLEP exams at the GCSC Testing Center, contact Testing Center at email@example.com or (850) 873-3533 (communication via email is preferred).